Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy LOVE Day


Valentine's Pictures for our Nana's, Papa's and Dad



We just got Ruthie's new duvet for her new big bed/guest bed. I have been eyeing this baby for weeks and Ryan found it on sale. Nice work. I have some pillow sewing to do now.

The funny thing is we have had the bed for 2 months and Ruthie insists on sleeping in Tate's room on her old twin. They love sharing a room, it is really cute how much they love each other.




Pink pancakes for V-day breakfast


My beautiful flowers for Valentines


Some friends had a little party for our kids


Ruthie loving yummy cookies


This is what our house looked like on Valentines Day

(see explanation below)


New cousin Lincoln born on Abraham Lincoln's 200th B-day!

His onesie says "Future President"


We had a great Valentine's weekend. Friday day the kids and I went to a party at our neighbors house and decorated bags and handed out Valentines and had treats galore! That afternoon I took the kids to see new baby Lincoln. He was actually on the news Friday night for his whole naming coincidence. He came over 2 weeks early and they had already been calling him Lincoln for months! Friday night Ryan got a babysitter and we went out on a date to see a movie in a real movie theater not just a red box rental! Saturday was more work than play. We are in the peak mess (hopefully) of project paint the cabinets. Oh my, it is a disaster zone as you can see in the picture! Ryan's dad is flying up Wednesday for a week to help us lay wood flooring. Yes, these projects will over lap. Yes, we are a little bit crazy. Yes, we will be even crazier after a month of mess! It will all be worth it in the end right!? We did get a small break from paint fumes to go to the Draper Temple open house. It was beautiful and Ruthie absolutely loved all of the "sparklys".

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the duvet!! So pretty. Good luck with the cabinets, be sure to post photos when you are done.

Ericson Fam said...

K so I love Tates hair. They both are so dang cute. I also need a copy of Ruthie with Lincoln. Love that. Looks like the project is coming. Good luck and we can't wait to see it when its all finished!

kristen said...

they are so cute sarah! and soph has roo's dress... i think if we lived by each other they would really be matching like every day!

Silvia said...

How fun! I bet it's a real pain to get all your cupboards done and all the remodelling under way... but it will be so worth it! Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day weekend!

Kassie said...

I want to come and see when you are done!! What a fun weekend!

Bailey Family said...

Love the new update! I cannot wait to see the fruits of your labor with all of your new additions to the house. It is looking good so far:) Sounds like a fun Valentines day!

Reed Family said...

Hey Sarah! This is your cousin Rachale. I love your blog! I wanted to send you an invitation to my blog. If you give me your email address I would appreciate it a bunch. this is my address reedlady@gmail.com

Stephanie said...

Looks like you guys are having fun. I love the new bed spread. It is just my style. Steph

Kath said...

Darling duvet! Fun to see another pic of Lincoln. I didn't know he was on the news?! Glad you had a good V.Day! Your kids are so cute and growing up...where did your babies go?!

Shawneen said...

Love the duvet cover, very cute! Hey Were do you live in Ut? We might be moving up next year. Ben is thinking about getting his MBA at BYU and it would be fun if you were close.

The Lyon's said...

Sarah you will have to let me know about the cabinets Chris and I have thought about doing this to ours when you get them done let me know if I can come over and see them.

Cardalls said...

Cute kiddos! Can't wait to see the after photos of the house! You guys are so ambitious, I just don't want to have to deal with the mess!

Dave and Jessica said...

Love the pictures! I love takes little fohawk...haha! I can't wait to see the after pictures as well!

Hickman Family said...

Your kids are too cute! And I too love the duvet, and I am so so jealous you got to hold that new baby! I can't wait to see him! Looks like you had a fun Valentines!