We had such a fun Fourth of July weekend. Ryan got off of work early on Thursday so we could head up to his grandparent's cabin for the night. We played cards that night with Grandma and Grandpa Bevan, Uncle Curt (or Turt to Ruthie), Liz and Missy. Friday morning there was a huge pancake breakfast in the parking lot of the church at Brighton. Yum! Then we all headed off on a day hike to Lake Solitude. It was a beautiful day and the kids loved the view from the packs. Tate slept half of the time as you can see in the pictures. Ruthie is now officially potty trained, so she had her first attempt going in the wilderness. After 20 minutes of coaxing, she decided she'd wait for a potty instead of a rock! Ryan was really hoping she could hold it that long! Ryan took the kids to a Bees baseball game and fireworks that night while Sarah enjoyed fireworks for a minute from the 3rd floor of the hospital while she worked. There were a lot of babies born this Fourth!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Babypacking at Brighton
Posted by The Bevans at 9:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Dad told me about your hike. Fun to see the photos!! Gotta love Grandma's 4th of July shirt:)I think you wore them out (G & G) but they love that you love the cabin with them!! Your kids are darling!!
Ah- peeing in the wilderness- that was tough for my kids too!
Looks like you had a great hike!
aww i love their little monkey legs hanging from the backpacks. you guys are so cute! can't wait to see you next month!
I miss the cabin! Glad you guys got to enjoy the cool weather!
I miss the cabin! Glad you guys got to enjoy the cool weather!
It looks like you had a great 4th! I love the baby backpacks they always put my babies right to sleep.
oh my goodness so cute! I love the fun backpacking trip pictures. Look at you guys and your high tech equipment! You guys are set! Looks like you had a wonderful time. when I am back up and running again we should go hiking together. We love the mountains so much and it would be so fun to do a fun hike and bbq up the canyon. What do you think? OH and tell Ryan I laughed so hard at his comment about my shelf! I would have never even noticed so I am happy that he is a lot smarter then me and my husband!! haha!
Look at you backpacking the kids around all these places I have never heard of. WOW, I need to get out more.
How Fun! That's soo funny that Ruthie decided to hold it...all girl!
Sarah- email me- I gotta question for you.
nateandmel619@msn.com
Looks like a fun workout. Especially carrying the kids!
how fun! look at you girl!
Such cute pictures. I love the one with both the kids in packs. You look amazing Sarah. How did you loose your baby weight so fast. Mine just doesn't want to leave. I need your secret.
Sarah,
This is Meg(Salmon now Miner). I was so excited to find your blog off of Lara's link. Your family is so cute and it is fun to hear you are doing so well.
those are some hefty back packs! I cant believe how big your baby is getting, they grow so fast dont they. Congratulations on your first harvest! I would love to be able to grow things with out killing them.
Looks like fun! Sarah, if you want an invite to my blog, send me your email address to emmoulton@msn.com!
Post a Comment