Friday, February 5, 2010

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission

My little sister Suzanne got her mission call last night. We high tailed it to Provo the minute we heard. No one thought it would be here yet since she only turned in her papers last Wednesday.
She's getting ready to open it....
( I love that Jordan has the phone in one hand, the camera in the other and Tate on his lap. Good brother-in-law!)

She takes a sneak preview before reading it out loud...


ROME ITALY!!!!!!
We all screamed and took in the moment! You are going to be an amazing missionary Suz!


Ryan was in charge of our video camera. We had 3 phones with Boston, Connecticut, and Mesa on the line!

Last weekend we went to Heber to visit some friends and they told us about these cool 'ice castles' in Midway. We went to check it out and they were very worth it! They were so big we could walk inside of one of them.
These are all cell phone pictures, but you can get the idea. Almost like walking into Narnia.




6 comments:

Bailey Family said...

Those ice sculptures are amazing! I want to go to them!!! That is so exciting about your sister, rome will be hard but so awesome! Oh fun!

Krissi said...

Thanks for the pics! wish I could have been there instead of half asleep listening in! and the ice castles are Sweet!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

ROME!! How exciting! what areas does it cover? we had an exchange student live with my parents 2 yrs ago from Sardegna (the island off of the mainland) - you'll have to let me know if she's ever in that area & I'll give you her fam's info (they're not members) :)

Those ice castles are really cool - you'll have to tell me where they are, I'd love to head up there!

Kassie said...

What a cool place to serve a mission! I cant believe how long tate's hair is! I love the pics of the ice castles! I would love to go there.

Lara said...

THose Ice castles are amazing! Yeah for Suzanne! Rome will be awesome!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Those are great ice castles! They are way cool. What a fun outing. Thanks for a great Blog. Love you Nana Bevan xoxo :)
Cutest kids you have.