Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Peach Days







Mmm, I love going up to Peach Days in Brigham City for so many reasons. The oh so delicious peaches are definitely one of them. We got to spend some quality time with Ryan's cousin Scott and his family for a couple of days. We even got to be in the parade handing out candy and fliers in our "Vote for Scott Ericson" t-shirts. Ruthie rode fair rides and attempted to have a sleep over in a tent in the living room. (She ended up on the floor in our room after an hour.) I am pleased to announce that I learned how to can! My friend Carissa came over and taught me how it's done. We made a huge mess and each ended up with almost 2 dozen pints to show for it!

6 comments:

Chelsi said...

Yum! LOVE peaches... I need to learn how to can some day. The kitchen looks awesome! So glad you finished.

Melinda said...

I can't believe you got that many!! YUM I need to get some next year so you can teach me how to can!!

Anonymous said...

Since Nate is from Brigham, we are up there every year for Peach Days. i am sad that I didn't see you handing out fliers (although we would probably not have made eye contact- hate all the fliers!).

Kath said...

I sold my canning stuff in a garage sale when we moved from Utah. It seemed like the thing to do. I believe I filled the jars once, maybe twice. Enjoy the peaches! I bet they are yummy:)

chercard said...

mmmm.love homemade canned peaches!

Alexie said...

Ooh i love peaches! I've canned with my mom the past few years but still don't think i could do it on my own.